Our mission is to work in the best interests of our member companies in a way that also benefits the Faroese society as the creation of value and high standards of living are united.
Our work is to promote legislation and industrial policies that are conducive to a prosperous business climate and ensuring that framework conditions for business and industry are consistent with this goal. Core issues are currently centered around the challenges of globalisation and promoting the competitiveness, profitability and increased internationalisation of Faroese companies. However the lack of workforce is the greatest challenge at the present time.
Other part of our work is:
- - To represent employers in collective bargaining
- - To advise member companies on a wide range of issues
- - To be a knowledge management centre for the industry
- - To provide a central organisation for the promotion and protection of all interests pertaining to local industry
- - To co-operate with local industry, government departments, other authorities and unions
- - To create public awareness about the vital role of industry in the national economy
The central office off the FEA, The House of Industry, is a key point of contact between companies and authorities where the administration takes care of all tasks for the principal organisation and the twelve branche associations.